Sunday 3 November 2013

Made by Manda: Faux Flowers



Here is a little DIY on flower vases. I think flowers are a must for spring time, but things can get exspensive very quickly if you buy fresh flowers ever week or so. For that reason I love me some fake flowers! I already had one vase I picked up on sale from Kmart, but decided to go flower crazy when I got a bunch for free from work. 

I hope you enjoy! 



You will need: 
-Fake flowers (15-25)
-Clean jars (I used jam jars I cleaned out myself)

-Wire cutters




All you need to do is measure each flower against the jar and cut the stem with the wire cutters. This is a 12+ job, and little fingers might not be able to squeeze the handles that hard. I also found that some stubborn flower stems took two goes. 




You then have to take off all the excess leaves to make sure they will fit into the jar properly. 



You will end up with a LOT of trimmings to throw out!


Now all you have to do is arrange your flowers! I did two mixed and one single flowers. Its all about shoved them in until it looks about right!


 My little tip is to use a cheap perfume to spray the flowers down every now and then. This way they smell amazing and look dewy and fresh.



That is it for today! I hope your room looks lovely with its new decor :)



Let me know in the comments below if you try this out at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment