Saturday 16 November 2013

Brand Blurb #5: Rimmel

Here we are again!

This time we are going cosmetics, with one of my favourite brands; Rimmel.


What Rimmel have to say about themselves:

"Rimmel’s extensive range is kept bang up-to-the-minute as it translates the look of London into new shades, products, packaging and advertising. But however creative and fashion-forward, Rimmel products are always easy to use, versatile and accessible, designed to encourage experimentation and self-expression. "
Even though Rimmel is an English Brand (get the London look is their catch phrase), you may be surprised to know it actually all started with a FRENCH perfumer, Eugene Rimmel, in 1834. However I only ever remember them since their collaboration with Kate Moss, who says she had been using the brand since her teenage years. 

Facts aside lets get reviewing!


***

Best Products: 

Stay Matte Powder: $12.95 AUD
Raved about by Tanya Burr I decided to give this a go about 2 years ago, and never went back. Cheap (you can occasionally find them online for around six dollars), effective and not-in-the-slightest cakey, it is an all round great powder for both beginners and professionals. The only downside (as with some Rimmel products  is the not to great packaging. That can easily be forgiven though, when the price point is so good. 

Soft Kohl Eye Pencil: $8.50 AUD
The nude coloured pencil is pretty much all I use on my waterline. Its a bit of a beauty cult item, so get one on sale next time you see it. 

Lasting Finish Lipstick: $9.95 AUD
These lipsticks are truly great for the price, and once again (how many times do I have to say it) they are often on sale. I have a review coming up in my ten dollar challenge. 

Natural Bronzer: $15.95 AUD
This does have golden shimmer, but if you can get past that it will be your best friend. Nice on all skin tones (and very build able) I use this most days on my skin. 

Exaggerate Liquid Eye Liner: $13.95 AUD
My go to liquid eyeliner. My last one did go funny at the end (the brush fell apart), but the product itself is awesome. Stays nice and shiney while drying so it wont move any where on your face!

Worst Products: 

Scandeleyes Thick and Thin Liner: $12.95 AUD
I am never any good with felt tip liners, and this was horrific. Because it can be turned thick and thin, I ended up with one eye thick and then other not even visable. Use at your own risk!

Apocalips Lip Lacquer: $15.95
These were hyped like crazy, but for some reason they bleed all down my chin and up into my nose. I don't know what I am doing wrong (have even tried with liner first) but this just doesn't want to stay put. Everyone else I know has had better luck than me though so maybe give it a try. 

Extra Super Lash Mascara: $12.95 AUD
This looked good the first time I used it, but a day later it has pretty much completely dried up. I the lid was fully on so I blame the product. Not impressed.  

In-between Products:

Match Perfection Foundation: $17.95 AUD
The only drugstore foundation I have found for my china white skin! I can say I LOVE this, although I do wear it about 5 days a week. It doesn't set at all on my skin (even with powder), and for that reason I can end up with patches misses where I had scratched my cheek or blown my nose during the day. The pale girl in me loves the colour, and my wallet loves that I bought this on a 2 for 1 deal, meaning my face is covered for under $8 a bottle. 

Professional Brow Pencil: $8.50 AUD
This is a great pencil, smooth and long lasting, but the weird not-a-spooly-brush just annoys me. PUT A SPOOLY RIMMEL PLEASE. It would then easily become my favorite eye pencil.

1000 Kisses Lip Liner: $8.50 AUD
I have a bigger review coming on this, but basically it only slightly improves the longevity of your lipstick. 

Hide the Blemish Concealer: $10.50 AUD
Pretty good stick concealer for the price, but with limited colour range it wont suit everyone. 

***

That is all lovely people! Talk soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment